Automatic Document Generation System(ADS)
Automatic Document Generation System (termed as ADS) is a new concept in producing
technical documentation for sqr programs or sqr library systems (sqc's). Document
is generated at a click of a command button.
ADS extracts tagged comments/notes that live in source code file and formats them
into htm file that can be viewed/printed using standard Internet Browser.
It can also be deployed centrally into intranet web server to take advantage
of searching and advance browsing. Since the documentation comes from the
horse's mouth every time, it is always up-to-date including last minute updates.
Programmer comments/notes that live in the source code play dual role - a good
programming practice facilitating professional document generation by just click
of a command button.
ADS requires SqrPlus Workbench and SqrPlus Compiler.
ADS way of providing technical program documentations has many advantages over
manually generated technical documents. Some of them are:
- Since document generation is automatic, it saves programmers expensive time
in producing and maintaining them manually as a separate task.
Since documentation is not a separate step, it is done well in time
and contents are always correct and make sense.
- Adopting ADS forces all programmers to follow standards that prevail in
the development environment.
- Always up-to-date as it comes straight from the horse's mouth.
- Document is always in sync with actual program.
- Can be deployed on the web to take advantage of search engines.
- Besides provision of printed copy, documents and be viewed using standard
- Documents support hyperlinks. This makes browsing very effective.
- With 'See Also' hyper links, related documentation can be retrieved quickly.
Please see the Sample Document that has been
generated using ADS for Sqr Program.